Hey, y’all! So, before we dig into what this post is really about, I just wanted to take a moment to celebrate a huge milestone with you… this is officially our 100th blog post!!! We can hardly believe it, and we’re so excited to keep sharing joyful wedding & engagements, wedding prep tips, and life updates with you. Thanks for joining on this journey, no matter if you’ve read all 100 posts or this is your first one. Alec & I are so honored by the fact that you take the time to stop by.
Typically we share our recent work, helpful tips for your wedding day, and other little tid-bits. Today though, I’ll be sharing a little about myself with you with 8 facts you probably didn’t know about me.
- I almost always have my nails painted. Even if I just have a clear coat on, or even if it starts chipping, you won’t catch me with bare nails very often. I love taking the time to sit & paint them, and to be honest it makes me feel ultra girly & beautiful! Essie is my favorite brand, but I’ll buy any brand if I like the color enough. I’m taking suggestions on new colors if you want to leave a comment, haha!
- I’m obsessed with Parks & Recreation. If I am being totally honest, I’ve seen it all the way through at least 4 times! I think Leslie Knope’s character is genius, and the comedy of the show is just my style.
- I LOVE horses. I grew up competitively horseback riding, hunter jumper & dressage to be exact. For years I even had my own beautiful morgan-mix pony named Josie. I’m actually looking to start lessons again soon! If I could, I would ride every single day.
- I’m crazy extroverted. By crazy, I mean I typically rank anywhere from 93-98% extroverted on every personality test I’ve ever taken. I just love being around people and get my energy from conversations & quality time.
- I hiccup when I laugh really hard. I have absolutely no clue why it happens, and it only started three years ago. I joke that you’ll always know when I find something really hilarious because I just can’t hide it! My favorite thing about it is that Alec loves it and can’t help but laugh when it happens, which leads to more hiccups!
- I’m a Yankee by birth. Both sides of my family are from northern Indiana. My parents didn’t move here until I was three-years-old. So, I grew up having to learn how to be Southern because at home I was taught to never say “yes ma’am” or “no, ma’am” and you definitely didn’t say “y’all”. One of the biggest compliments I can get is hearing that I have little to no noticeable accent at all!
- I love hosting & I’m a perpetual homebody. One of my all-time favorite things is having family & friends over to our place. At our old apartment we had huge parties, holiday celebrations, and dinners all the time. Now that we’re in our new house, we’ve already had several get-togethers and we’re looking forward to so many more!
- My favorite parts of the wedding day aren’t what you would expect. While I love a good first look & father-daughter dance, they aren’t my favorite moments on a wedding day. For me it’s when the bride first puts on her dress, and the moment after they leave their ceremony and realize they’re married. I love asking our couples to look into each other’s eyes and for her to call him her husband & him to call her his wife for the very first time. There is just something so magical in those tiny moments no one else gets to see.
Thanks so much for stopping by today to learn more about Katie! We hope you enjoyed this post, and if you did, you should definitely check out 10 things you didn’t know about Alec.